Medical Diagnostic Laboratories Scientific Activities
▲ Katerina Makrigianni (right) and Danai Papakonstantinou (left) during the presentation of research work in poster at the 5th Panhellenic Congress of Immunology (Athens, 2001)
The Athens Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (IDEA) is a private medical unit that aims to provide high-quality health care services to individuals, families and companies at reasonable cost (The IDEA does not have contracts with insurance companies or funds).
The Medical Diagnostic laboratories include the following disciplines:
(1) Allergy and Immunology
(2) Laboratory Haematology
(3) Clinical Chemistry
(4) Pulmonary Function & Respiratory Medicine
(5) Malignancy Diagnosis
(6) Medical Microbiology & Mycology
IDEA offers a comprehensive menu of clinical & laboratory testing plus specific diagnostic & therapeutic procedures including:
· Functional proteomic profile (C.E.I.A. method).
· Immunotherapy of allergic diseases.
· Metabolic control
· Blood trace elements in various pathological conditions
IDEA Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 08.00 – 21.00
Saturday 08.00 – 12.00
Finally IDEA is a centre of medical research with published papers and presentations in medical congresses.
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
OF IDEA MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES:
· Association of the leucocytes isoenzyme GST-μ with the incidence and histological type of lung cancer in smokers (Preliminary report) Pneumon 4:1, 1991. (Greek)
· Detection of mycoplasmas in the genital system of young asymptomatic women. 17th National Microbiology Congress. Thessalonica, April 26-28, 1996. (Greek)
· Association of GST-mu with the incidence and histological type of lung cancer in smokers. AACC/CSCC 1996 Annual Meeting, Chicago July 28 - August 1, and Clinical Chemistry 42:S253, 1996. (English)
· Evaluation of a new test (IAST) for the diagnosis of respiratory allergy in asthmatic patients. 10th Pancretan Medical Congress. Rethymno, November 9-12, 2000. (Greek)
· IAST®: A new in vitro method for the diagnosis of respiratory allergy. Comparison with total IgE in asthmatic patients. 5th Panhellenic Immunology Congress. Athens, October 31 - November 3, 2001. (Greek)
· Reference values of serum vanadium in Greek population of normal adults. 4th Panhellenic Clinical Chemistry Congress. Athens, November 7-9, 2002. (Greek)
· Sensitivity of LTA determination in the diagnosis of lung cancer. 4th Panhellenic Clinical Chemistry Congress. Athens, November 7-9, 2002. (Greek)
· Evaluation of a new in vitro test (IAST®) for the screening of allergy in asthmatic patients. Interasma Regional Meeting. Marrakech, November 27-30, 2003. (English)
· The effect of aerobic exercise on serum isoenzyme CK-MB in healthy young women. 7th International Congress of Sports Medicine Association of Greece - 13th Balkan Sports Medicine Congress. Drama, April 29 - May 2, 2004. (English)
· Reference values of serum molybdenum in Greek population of normal adults. 20th Medical Congress of Hellenic Armed Forces. Thessalonica, November 18-21, 2004. (Greek)
· Effects of exercise on secretion of 3 hormones in male middle-aged cyclists. 8th International Congress of Sports Medicine Association of Greece. Thessalonica, May 11-14, 2006. (Greek)
· Association of Helicobacter pylori infection with diarrheal illness in children. The 10th Biennial Congress of the Anaerobe Society of the Americas. Philadelphia, July 7-10, 2010. (English)